Landmark has been one of the highest ranked barristers’ chambers for Property Law in Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 for many years (click here for the Property page on our main site). Our members regularly provide advice and representation (both in court and in arbitrations) on high value and complex property matters. Examples of our international work in this sector include:
- Several arbitrations relating to rent reviews of high value commercial premises in Hong Kong.
- Acting in proceedings before the Hong Kong Court of First Instance relating to a claim for a declaration that a mortgagee’s security over a property ranked lower in priority than the claimant’s lien over that property: Nation Group Development Ltd v Bank of East Asia Ltd  HKEC 1249.
- Advising on a major property dispute in the Cayman Islands.
- Appearing in an appeal from the Court of Appeal of Belize to the Privy Council in a dispute over the sale of land on the Haulova Creek in Belize City, concerning the Courts’ jurisdiction to rectify a land register on the grounds of fraud and mistake: Quinto v Santiago Castillo Ltd  UKPC 15.
- Conducting an investigation for the European Commission on issues relating to the new system of land titling in Cambodia, which is partially funded by the EU.